Tuesday 17 September 2013

A bit of stitching...

As you can probably already tell, my interest in hand-stitching is not limited purely to knitting. Every so often, some patchwork will catch my attention, and these hexagons called to be worked on a few weeks ago.
Now this attempt is not their first incarnation - I have been pulling these out every few years, trying to decide what they would become.
Hexagons in rainbow order? Couldn't find an arrangement I liked.
Completely scrappy? Not enough order.
Stripes of colour? Didn't like it.

Eventually, my love of the traditional led me to a final decision - a grandmothers flower garden quilt.

Ready to be turned into something...

Don't they look pretty?? I do love a nice stack of hexies...

Taking their first steps towards becoming a quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!