Wednesday 24 June 2015

WIP Wednesday: All I see is PINK!

Phew! What a busy month! I finished my presidency of Knit-A-Soc (my local yarnaholics group), took a 2 week trip to Canada (many photos to follow) and found out that I had achieved a top final grade for all my university work (to my surprise and delight!).

All this busy-ness has meant that I have been turning to creating more than ever, picking up my latest project whenever I have a spare moment. That project, if you've been following on Instagram, is a pink dream! What started out as playing with some scraps has turned into a full blanket project. It's a wild one, this project, and started to get out of hand the moment I let those pink scraps loose!


I've spent several weeks making 50-odd pink circles... Each one different from the others, and all blindingly PINK!


This has been so fun to work on! But to stop the pink being so loud, I've decided to tone it down by joining them with grey, forming hexagons...


(Sorry for the quality - that last one was snapped with my phone)

I'm so quickly falling in love with this project that I may have to make another one afterwards for me! (This one is for the hospice...)

What are you working on? Link your blog or Instagram in the comments so I can see!

3 comments:

  1. You had been very busy indeed! :o) I can't wait to see the photos you took in Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy! I'm loving that blanket project-it will certainly be appreciated at the hospice :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh, those are so pretty, I love the bright pink with the grey, it's a lovely contrast.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!